With our advice, services and products, we enable people to lead a self-determined life. The relationship with our customers often lasts for several decades. Accordingly, sustainable and forward-looking management is the basis for long-term success. In our sustainability strategy, we prioritise the areas over which we can exert a direct influence. This includes sustainability in our business behaviour, as an asset owner and manager, in the insurance business and in advice plus as an employer.
We report annually and transparently on issues related to corporate responsibility in our Group-wide sustainability report.
Our information sheet summarises all the facts of our four sustainability principles at Swiss Life Switzerland.
Our sustainability targets
Reduction of CO2 emissions per full-time employee by 35% by 2024 (compared to 2019)
- Compensation of all unavoidable CO2 emissions in operating activity to achieve net zero operation from 2022
- Reduce travel and lower mobility emissions
- Further improve energy efficiency
Asset owner and manager
Reduce CO2 intensity of directly owned real estate by 20% by 2030
- Strong ESG integration: responsible investment strategy covers around 90% of assets under management
- Maintain strong ESG risk management and exploit opportunities and solutions
- Securities portfolio: Keep carbon intensity lower than relevant benchmarks
Expand offering of sustainability solutions
- Respond to growing market demand and expand value-added offering with sustainable solutions
- Continue to integrate sustainability criteria in the underwriting process
Integrate sustainability in the advisory process
- Adapt advisory processes and instruments to customers’ growing sustainability expectations
- Consistently strengthen competencies and integrate new own and third-party sustainability offers