Swiss Life Calmo is an especially flexible non-tax qualified life annuity. Lifelong guaranteed, regular annuity payments provide you with a secure source of financial flexibility for the future.
An AHV pension for a married couple is capped at CHF 3585 per month
33.3% of Swiss take early retirement
Planning security thanks to a lifetime pension
In a nutshell
Swiss Life Calmo is the right choice for you if, for example, you want to increase financial stability following retirement with the help of regular income. By doing so, you’ll create security for yourself and, if you wish, for your partner as well. The solution is financed by a periodic premium.
Your benefits at a glance
- Guaranteed income: Swiss Life contractually guarantees the amount of your annuity payments for life.
- Early retirement: you determine the amount and timing of the annuity payment individually. For example, you can close any pension gap as necessary if you decide to retire early: simply choose a higher annuity before retirement and when your AHV pension and/or pension fund pension starts, choose a lower one.
- Adjustment of retirement cover: your partner can be covered as well, which means the annuity will continue to be paid even after the person with primary cover dies. You determine the amount of the annuity – based entirely on your pension situation.
- Financial protection: choose a life annuity with or without return of premiums.
Make an appointment for a consultation
Want to learn more about Swiss Life Calmo periodic premium – pillar 3b or do you have questions? We would be pleased to provide you with more information – in a personal and non-binding consultation.
More about the product
You finance your life annuity with regular premium payments. We convert the accumulated capital into an annuity: for example, when you retire. You determine the length of the period before commencement of annuity payments.
Swiss Life guarantees annuity payments for life. The amount of the annuity payments may increase as a result of bonuses. Bonuses are defined each year and are not guaranteed. The amount of the bonuses depends in particular on the investment income generated each year and on the risk and cost result.
You can choose an annuity with or without return of premiums. With return of premiums means that the outstanding refund amount is paid out on expiry of the contract following death.
Without return of premiums means that if the contract ends as a result of the death of the insured person there is no payout of the remaining assets. Annuities without return of premiums are higher than those with return of premiums.
- You pay no stamp duty.
- During the deferral period:
- You pay no wealth tax for life annuities without premium refund.
- The surrender value is subject to wealth tax at cantonal level. Note: the surrender value is the amount we pay out to you if you surrender your insurance contract.
- Annuity payment period: annuity payments are taxable together with other income as income at 40%. In addition, the surrender value of the insurance is subject to wealth tax in most cantons.