The purpose of this data protection declaration is to provide you with transparent information about the processing of personal data of visitors and event participants.
Swiss Life Ltd (hereinafter “Swiss Life”, “we” or “us”) takes the protection of your privacy and personal data extremely seriously. The relevant principles of data protection legislation and other regulatory requirements accordingly apply in everyday practice at Swiss Life.
This includes ensuring that Swiss Life adequately and consistently protects your personal data and safeguards the confidentiality, integrity, availability, traceability and proportionality requirements when processing your data.
Please find below an overview of the possible processing activities involving your personal data in connection with visits to Swiss Life or participation in events held by Swiss Life. This processing involves, for example, the following people (referred to as "you"):
- Visitors to Swiss Life offices and business premises
- Participants of events;
- Persons involved in the organisation of events and our sales organisation;
- Contact persons of third parties (e.g. suppliers and partners).
Please also see our other data protection notices regarding our offers and services. Information is also available at https://www.swisslife.ch/en/privacy.
2. Controller and data protection officer
In accordance with data protection legislation, the following company is responsible for the data processing described here:
Swiss Life Ltd
P.O. Box, 8022 Zurich
For queries concerning data protection law, you can contact our data protection officer at the following address:
Swiss Life Ltd
Data Protection Officer
P.O. Box, 8022 Zurich
3. Categories of personal data processed
In connection with the event offered to you, we process the following categories of personal data in particular for the purposes set out in cl. 4:
- Contact details (e.g. name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and any other data relating directly to you);
- Photographs and video recordings (e.g. souvenir photos or film recordings of events)
- Image recordings from surveillance cameras, including technical information about image recordings (e.g. location of camera, time of recording);
- Business and event data (e.g. your company details and other event-related data);
- Preference data (information about specific actions, e.g. the use of electronic communications, interaction with social media profiles, contacts with distribution partners etc.; information about your needs and interests, which we obtain from an analysis of existing data and data from third parties);
- Communication data (e.g. type, time and place of communication and its content);
- Sensitive data (we only request health data for on-site events such as information on food intolerances and allergies in order to offer suitable catering options).
We generally receive this data from you, but it may also come from third-party sources such as the person issuing the invitation, your companion, your family members, address service providers (master data), representatives of yourself and other persons associated with you (e.g. contract data), official offices (e.g. information we use for preferential data) and other sources (e.g. the media or the Internet).
If you act on behalf of third parties or provide us with third-party data, we assume that you are authorised to do so by the respective third parties and that you have expressly informed these third parties of our data protection information for the processing of personal data.
4. Processing purposes
We process your personal data (cl. 3) in connection with visits to Swiss Life or participation in events organised by Swiss Life, in particular for the following purposes:
- Holding events and marketing (e.g. holding customer events and other events with catering, competitions, personalisation of information and advertising, transmission of information and advertising either of ours or third parties, e.g. as a newsletter or printed matter, targeted addressing of existing customers, documenting the event with photographs and videos). You may object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes by notifying us at any time. In particular, you may object to the taking of photographs or video recordings at any time, e.g. by informing us of this on the registration form or during the on-site accreditation or check-in. Further information on your rights can be found in cl. 8 of this information.
- Health protection (e.g. by ascertaining food intolerances and allergies of event participants who are being catered for);
- Prevention of criminal offences and exercise of property rights;
- Fulfilment of statutory and other legal requirements (e.g. from self-regulation, industry standards, official instructions and internal requirements, e.g. fulfilment of disclosure and information obligations);
- Assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Other purposes: e.g. security purposes, monitoring buildings and publicly accessible premises, internal administration, training and education, bookkeeping, data archiving, managing IT, safeguarding our rights, evaluating and improving internal processes, buying or selling companies or assets, statistics and research, safeguarding other legitimate interests.
"Processing" means any handling of personal data, e.g. its collection, storage, use, disclosure and deletion, as well as automated evaluation and the determination of preferential data, for risk assessment purposes or to conduct statistical evaluations. This also includes profiling, i.e. automated processing for analysis and forecasting purposes (e.g. for customer care and marketing purposes).
5. Data recipients
We may disclose data pursuant to cl. 3 in particular to the following categories of recipient to the extent required for the purposes pursuant to cl. 4:
- Our Group companies (for details see www.swisslife.com);
- Internal and external service providers (e.g. catering and service providers, IT service providers, address and shipping service providers, marketing, distribution, communication or printing service providers, facility management service providers);
- Other third parties such as cooperation partners with which we organise events together.
Some of these recipients may be located abroad (e.g. when transmitting personal data when purchasing IT services, etc.). Your data may therefore be processed anywhere in the world, including outside the EU or the European Economic Area (e.g. in the US). Not all of these countries have a level of data protection equivalent to Swiss law. We therefore also take contractual precautions and generally make use of standard contractual clauses (further information can be found at https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html), unless an exception applies (e.g. in legal proceedings abroad, in cases of overriding public interest if the processing of a contract requires such disclosure, if you have given your consent).
6. Duration of processing
We process your data for as long as our processing purposes, the statutory retention periods and our legitimate interests in processing for documentation and evidence purposes require or storage is technically necessary. The storage duration is based on legal and internal regulations and the processing purposes (cl. 4). If these purposes have been achieved or no longer apply and there is no longer any obligation to retain it, we will delete or anonymise your data as part of our usual procedures.
7. Processing in connection with our webseite
This data protection declaration applies exclusively to the processing purposes set out in cl. 4. Further general information on data protection, particularly regarding our website, can be found at www.swisslife.ch/en/privacy.
8. Your rights
You have certain rights as defined by the relevant legal conditions and framework which may, however, be subject to certain prerequisites and restrictions:
- To request information from us as to whether and which data we process about you;
- To have data corrected by us if it is inaccurate;
- To object to our processing and to request the deletion of data if we are not obliged or entitled to process it further;
- To ask us to hand over certain personal data in a conventional electronic format or transfer the data to another controller;
- To revoke your consent if our processing is based on your consent.
If we notify you of an automated decision in a specific instance, you have the right to state your position and to request that the decision be reviewed by a natural person.
If you wish to exert your rights in respect of us, please contact us, for example by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (other contact information listed in cl. 2). In order to rule out misuse, we need to identify you.
If you do not agree with our handling of your rights or data protection, please let us know as specified under cl. 2. The Swiss supervisory authority can be reached at https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
9. Restriction of the range of products and services
Swiss Life Switzerland acts exclusively for customers whose head office or domicile is in Switzerland. No marketing or sales activities take place abroad.
Should you be interested in our products as a person domiciled outside Switzerland, we recommend you contact a representative of the Swiss Life Group near you or one of our Group companies via their website (https://www.swisslife.com).
Swiss Life reserves the right to modify this data protection declaration without prior notice to take account of current statutory provisions and changed business procedures. As a general rule, the data protection declaration in its current version at the start of processing applies for data processing. This data protection declaration does not form part of the contract.
Last update: August 2023