Various mortgage and amortisation models offer you a broad range of options for your real estate financing. Find out which mortgage model suits you here.
What types of mortgage are available
There are various mortgage models on the Swiss market. A distinction is made between fixed-rate mortgages with a fixed term and a fixed rate of interest, and variable-rate mortgages without a fixed term and with a variable rate of interest. The SARON mortgage has no fixed term and also has a variable interest rate. Read more about differences, benefits and risks here.
A fixed-rate mortgage is right for you
- if you prefer your interest payments to remain the same
- if you want to calculate your budget accurately
- if you would like to benefit from the current low interest rate environment
- If you wish to hedge against rising interest rates
A variable mortgage is suitable for you
- if you want to take advantage of the current capital market interest rates
- if you would like to benefit from interest rate cuts
- if you want to be able to switch to a fixed-rate mortgage at any time
- if you would like to amortise (repay) your mortgage directly
The SARON mortgage has no fixed term and no fixed interest rate. The variable interest rate is based on the SARON (Swiss Average Rate Overnight). The SARON has existed since 2009 and is calculated on the basis of completed transactions and binding quotes (purchase and sale prices) in the Swiss money market.
How can you deduce your mortgage interest rate from the SARON interest rate margin?
- The mortgagee offsets his interest rate margin with the SNB's current key interest rate (SARON target)
- The amount corresponds to the interest rate you have to pay on a SARON mortgage
- Find out the current SNB key rate here
A SARON mortgage is right for you
- if you want to benefit from interest rates that remain low or fall
- if you wish to participate in the current interest rate trend during the selected term
What is a green mortgage? Our solution for financing your sustainable property.
If you are using ecological construction methods or renovating your property sustainably, you can apply for a green mortgage to save interest costs.
By taking environmental considerations into account when buying or renovating your home, you can qualify for a green mortgage and thus benefit from particularly favourable interest rates. Swiss Life's criteria for environmental sustainability include either a Minergie certificate or a corresponding cantonal building energy certificate (CECB).
Take out a new mortgage
With the mortgage check, you can receive mortgage offers from different providers for different terms in just a few clicks.
Replace existing mortgage
Our virtual assistant (ViBe) will help you clarify your initial questions about replacing a mortgage and obtain new offers for your existing mortgage. You receive mortgage offers from different providers for different durations.
Checklist for consultation documents
We will be happy to support you in acquiring your own home and accompany you from A to Z. In addition, we will advise you on provisions, finances and financial security. At Swiss Life you get everything from a single source – so you can look forward to a financially secure and self-determined future.
The best mortgage with Swiss Life
Your advantages with Swiss Life as an independent mortgage broker
- Independent offers: We enable you to compare offers from various providers and create
- transparency: You decide in a self-determined manner from which provider we should obtain offers and where the financing should take place.
- Saving time when researching: We can show you many mortgage offers in parallel – in person at your home or online via video call
- Preferential conditions for mortgage offers: We can often exclusively negotiate better conditions than you would otherwise receive.
- Real-time calculation of interest conditions: When the general environment changes, new conditions will become available immediately.